This course is aimed at Governors of maintained Royal Greenwich Schools to enable them to fulfil their responsibility with regard to budget setting.
Governing Boards are required to ensure that the priorities identified in the school improvement plan are resourced appropriately and that good value for money is achieved.
Governing Boards are required to submit 3 year plans of which the current year must be a balanced position, with the remaining 2 years to support due diligence planning.
The course will include:
- Governing Board approved budget plans - explanation
- How to approach 3 year budget plans:
- Income streams including Schools
- Delegated Budget Share (Primary and Secondary School)
- High Needs Funding - place funding
- Early Years Funding
- National Funding Formula (updates if appropriate)
- Engagement with Royal Greenwich if the school is not able to set a balanced budget
- Monitoring budgets including funds raised in the name of the school
- Bursarial Service
- Preparation readiness for an audit
- Business continuity and risk register