The Greenwich Teaching for Learning Programme (GTLP) is a high quality teacher development programme designed to raise standards of learning and achievement in the Primary Phase (KS1&2) through professional dialogue, current research and observation of practice and critical reflection. The course runs for 5 weeks, and is responsive to the needs of each group of participants. Each week teachers identify an area for further development in their classes, which is then shared and evaluated in following sessions. The reciprocity of this programme has been at the heart of its success.
The programme provides opportunities to:
- Develop professional discussion and understanding around pedagogy
- Explore strategies that promote effective learning
- Observe and evaluate classroom practice
- Develop an understanding of how the context for learning can motivate and engage pupils
- Develop confidence as reflective practitioners through self-evaluation and shared dialogue with colleagues from other settings