Fischer Family Trust is an early intervention for children in Year 1 who have difficulties learning to read and write.
The aim of this course is:
- To give adults a deeper understanding of the needs of children who find reading and writing difficult
- To provide a structure for individual teaching
- To promote inclusion by enhancing Quality First Teaching
Training will include:
- Day 1 - Assessment procedures for early literacy including running records
- Day 2 - The reading process
- Day 3 - The writing process
There is a week between each training day to allow for consolidation of training. Set tasks are part of the training. Activities and approaches will also support Guided and Shared reading and writing.