Phonics Intervention Programme 'STEPS to Success'
This four-day course will enable all practitioners to deliver a structured and cumulative phonics literacy programme.
Training will include:
- Good understanding of the English phonic code
- The principles of inclusion and underlying learning difficulties
- Working with targets
- Delivery of a structured, multisensory, cumulative phonics programme
- with barriers to learning acquire phonic and spelling via a structured, cumulative, multi-sensory learning programme
- benefit from training from experienced dyslexia specialist teachers and understand the best ways to improve reading, spelling and handwriting outcomes
- have staff who are trained to deliver a successful teaching programme. STEPS will observe the staff member teaching the programme if requested by school
Teaching Assistants, SENCOs and Parents