Maintaining an awareness of issues surrounding equality and diversity is essential to any organisation. This revealing course is split into four modules to thoroughly explore the issues involved and their relevance to us all, including protections laid out in the Equality Act 2010.
With this course you will learn inclusion in terms of equality and diversity and the universal benefits of promoting an inclusive workplace. The course discusses protected characteristics and explains the problems surrounding prejudice and discrimination.
Some of the topics covered in this course are:
- Understanding inclusion
- Equality and Human Rights Commission
- Promoting inclusion
- Diversity and equal opportunity
- Impact of social exclusion
- Benefits of inclusion
- Who’s responsibility?
- Prejudice or discrimination?
- Dealing with prejudice
- Promoting anti-discrimination in the workplace
- Valuing diversity
- What does anti-discrimination mean in practice?
- How do you behave?
- Dealing with disabilities
- The Equality Act 2010
- The difference a view can make
- Dealing with race, religion and ethnicity
- Minority ethnic groups in organisations
- Promoting race equality
- The legislation on race equality
- Religious discrimination
- Types of racial and religious discrimination
- Sexuality and gender
- Sexual discrimination and sexual orientation discrimination
- How can you promote inclusion?
- The effects of homophobic bullying
- How to promote inclusion
- Explore the concepts of equality and diversity and their relevance to wider society
- Recognise inequality and its impact
- Identify challenges relating to equality and diversity faced by organisations
- Know the benefits of a diverse workforce
- Gain an overview of the Equality Act 2010 and the protection it provides
- Explore the role of human rights in achieving equality
- Learn to recognise and tackle discrimination
- Explore ideas surrounding inclusion and their impact
- Define what inclusion means in terms of equality and diversity
- Know the advantages of an inclusive workplace
- Recognise ways you can improve your own behaviour and practice to promote inclusion and challenge prejudice
Suitable for any workplace or training setting, this course can form part of an induction programme for new starters and also for those wishing to improve their knowledge and continue their professional development.