Early Career Teachers (ECT) Service (Previously NQT Service)
We provide a programme of professional support and guidance for schools and their Early Career Teachers (ECTS), helping ensure ECTs are in receipt of a tailored programme which allows them to reach their potential.
Through the ECT Induction Service, we fulfil the statutory role of ‘appropriate body’, providing independent quality assurance of statutory induction to ensure that assessment is fair and consistent and that schools are providing effective support for their ECTs.
Induction Service - Appropriate Body Role
Using the Royal Greenwich ECT Induction Service as Appropriate Body gives schools the assurances they need that they will be fully supported to develop and nurture their ECTs.
When things are going well, schools will have access to a host of resources to use to ensure they are meeting their statutory obligations. And when an ECT may be finding things challenging, schools can feel secure that they will have access to expert support from a team who share the same aspiration to see their ECTs succeed, and there will be no hidden costs.
- Support and guidance with the implementation of a 2-year induction for all ECTs
- Support and guidance with the adoption of the Early Career Framework
- Ongoing support, guidance and advice (by phone and email) from experienced professionals
- Access to an online monitoring tool which records all statutory registration and assessment details and includes a bank of useful guidance and resources
- Procedures for schools to follow to ensure compliance with statutory requirements
- Quality assurance activities
- Support for ECTs and schools where concerns are raised
- Validation of registrations and assessments
- Updating Teaching Regulation Agency records in response to ECT outcomes
We have developed an NQT Vacancy webpage as part of our Direct Services website. This service is only available to Royal Greenwich maintained schools and academies. Schools can add an unlimited number of vacancies to the site, where they can upload logos and information about the school. Adverts can display the key stage and subject in which the vacancy exists and notifications of the vacancy will be sent to any trainee teachers looking for a job matching those criteria
ECT Induction Service:
- The Appropriate Body Service Level Agreement (SLA) is between £300 and £350 per ECT per academic year
- The daily cost per ECT induction advisor is £450 (all charges are inclusive of administrative costs)
ECT Recruitment Service:
- Primary schools £350
- Secondary schools £550
School Recruitment Manager
020 8921 5586