Early Career Teachers (ECT) Service
We provide a programme of professional support and guidance for schools and their Early Career Teachers (ECTs), helping ensure ECTs are in receipt of a tailored programme which allows them to reach their potential.
Through the ECT Induction Service, we fulfil the statutory role of ‘appropriate body’, providing independent quality assurance of statutory induction to ensure that assessment is fair and consistent and that schools are providing effective support for their ECTs.
Induction Service - Appropriate Body Role
Using the Royal Greenwich ECT Induction Service as Appropriate Body gives schools the assurances they need that they will be fully supported to develop and nurture their ECTs.
When things are going well, schools will have access to a host of resources to use to ensure they are meeting their statutory obligations. And when an ECT may be finding things challenging, schools can feel secure that they will have access to expert support from a team who share the same aspiration to see their ECTs succeed, and there will be no hidden costs.
- Support and guidance with the implementation of a 2-year induction for all ECTs
- Support and guidance with the adoption of the Early Career Framework
- Ongoing support, guidance and advice (by phone and email) from experienced professionals
- Access to an online monitoring tool which records all statutory registration and assessment details and includes a bank of useful guidance and resources
- Procedures for schools to follow to ensure compliance with statutory requirements
- Quality assurance activities
- Support for ECTs and schools where concerns are raised
- Validation of registrations and assessments
- Updating Teaching Regulation Agency records in response to ECT outcomes
ECT Induction Service:
- The Appropriate Body Service is a total of £500 per ECT
- £300 payable in year 1
- £200 payable in year 2
- The cost for an ECT Induction Advisor is £450 per day for Royal Greenwich and £495 per day for Non Royal Greenwich
(All charges are inclusive of administrative costs)
School Recruitment Manager
020 8921 5586