Health, Safety and Wellbeing Service
The Royal Greenwich Health, Safety and Wellbeing (HSW) Service are committed to delivering a service that takes account of specific individual needs of your school and working with you to provide bespoke health, safety and wellbeing services where required.
We aim to offer excellent value for money, ensuring you can meet your health and safety responsibilities in a way that is convenient, efficient and cost effective for your school.
The service that we offer to schools is split in to 2 parts:
- The core package, where applicable fee is based on the number of staff employed at the school
- A new HSW consultancy service delivered on a pay as you go rate
Benefits of buying into our service
- Reassurance that your legal obligation to have access to competent advice will be met, HSW issues will be proactively managed and support is in place for when issues arise
- The provision of competent advice from Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) qualified Health and Safety professionals, who have an excellent understanding of all aspects of HSW requirements as they apply to schools along with experience of successfully supporting schools across Royal Borough of Greenwich, to help you meet your health and safety legal duties
- We will work with you to review your existing HSW arrangements to ensure these are proportionate, effective and appropriate. That reflect the actual practice within the school, assisting with development of a HSW improvement plan where required
- Assistance complying with the legal requirement set out under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR) for the reporting of certain types of accidents/incidents to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- HSW Advisor visits (by appointment) to your school for consultation on any complex Health and Safety issues and the investigation of accidents that are RIDDOR, potential RIDDOR and high risk near misses
- Access to a dedicated HSW website (school resource website) that provides access to the Royal Borough Greenwich Health, Safety and Wellbeing Management System (HSWMS) and comprehensive library of policies, standards, guidance and forms to help you comply with your legal duties.
- Voluntary-aided schools are encouraged to adopt the HSWMS
Charges are based on the number of all employees working at each school at a rate of £58 for each employee and with a minimum charge of £2,000.
For example a school with 40 employees will be charged £2,320 (40 x 58 = £2,320).
The number of staff in your establishment for each year of this agreement will be determined by the headcount disclosed in the most recent workforce census (November 2020).
HSW consultancy service
School visits are charged at £90 for the first hour of each visit and £75 per hour (or part of an hour) for any subsequent hour(s) undertaken to complete the work/task.
If you wish to use the ‘pay as you go’ service, please contact us to discuss your specific needs and we should be able to advise you of the estimated costs and time required to undertake the requested service.