This Health and Safety Awareness course will enable your business to comply with the legal requirement to carry out health and safety assessments of the risk related to activities.
The main aims of this course are to provide an understanding of principles of Health & Safety, and know how to apply the knowledge gained to reduce the risk of injury to themselves and others.
By the end of the session, delegates will have the following knowledge base:
- Health and Safety legislation
- responsibilities of employer and employee
- accidents, incidents and hazards in the workplace
- how to conduct a risk assessment
- moving and handling
- Health and Safety signs
- control of hazardous substances
- how to report unsafe acts to prevent an accident
Health and safety is a generic course and can be attended by any professional working either in clinical or nonclinical roles.
This course can be delivered as an induction course or for those who require a refresher.