Restorative practices are increasingly being recognised as effective tools for repairing relationships that have been damaged through conflict and harm. Effective training in restorative facilitation is crucial to ensuring restorative processes delivered in any setting are safe, positive experiences for all involved.
The Royal Borough of Greenwich has developed a unique Level 5 training programme, credit rated by the University of Greenwich, and approved by the Restorative Justice Council (RJC), which combines three crucial elements of theory, practice and implementation to ensure the development of effective RA facilitators. The Level 5 programme consists of two 30 credit modules and Module 1 is focused on Theory and Implementation.
This module will support practitioners to:
- Develop a sound theoretical knowledge and understanding of restorative approaches
- Consider successful strategies for implementing and sustaining restorative practice in their work settings/roles.
- develop their skills and knowledge in restorative practice
- work towards a Level 5 University qualification
- benefit from having staff with specialist skills and knowledge who can support an enhanced conciliatory culture across the setting
This Module 1 course is specifically designed for participants who have already undertaken training in restorative facilitation and participants can join via 2 routes:
- Refresher route - for those who have completed a non-Royal Greenwich approved course (at least 3 days equivalent) and completed the necessary application form
- Standard route - for those who have recently completed the Royal Greenwich Facilitator training. The cost of the training is reduced to £250 for participants on the standard route.