A termly opportunity for Designated Safeguarding Leads and senior staff to participate in peer support and receive updates from Greenwich Safeguarding Children's Partnership.
This Autumn session will consider See the Adult, See the Child guidance.
PVI's and Childminders
This training session will examine:
- requirements around equality and equity
- what we mean by inclusion and representation
- how to ensure our settings and practice are truly reflective of the community we support
- what unconscious bias means - how to recognise it and mitigate against it
- how to work in an anti-discriminatory way that ensures all children are families are fully included and valued
- how to develop an anti discriminatory and inclusive curriculum
- Ofsted's renewed focus on equalities and inclusion
By the end of the training you will:
- be confident in recognising discriminatory and non inclusive practices
- understand Ofsted and legal requirements around equality and inclusion
- have strategies to ensure recruitment processes identify and challenge bias
- have strategies to ensure your setting has robust and regular processes to reflect on anti-discriminatory values and practice
PVI & Childminders
This session will increase governors knowledge, understanding and confidence about the exclusions process and their role in reviewing the headteacher’s decision to exclude. Participants will become familiar with the most recent Department for Education Exclusions Guidance.
The session will consider the following:
- What is an exclusion?
- What is a Governors’ role in reviewing exclusions?
This is a standalone session that is offered 3 times throughout the year.
- be confident in their knowledge of the most recent DfE Exclusion Guidance
- understand the exclusion process, including reviewing evidence presented by the headteachers
- understand the Governor's role in the exclusion process
For leaders and managers, staff wellbeing is key to staff stress reduction, motivation, development and retention. This webinar will explore how to practically support staff, commit to a wellbeing charter and implement a policy that prioritise your staff's wellbeing