Health and Safety
All Headteachers, school Governors, Business Managers and other staff likely to sit on interview panels or administer staff appointment
- Will be safer and have safeguarding needs met in a more appropriate and timely manner
- Will have an awareness and understanding of offender behaviour
- Will be able to identify the key features of staff recruitment that helps deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people
- Will be able to consider policies and practices that minimise opportunities for abuse
- Will begin to review their own and their settings policies and practices, with a view to making them safer
- Will be safer organisations
- Will comply with government guidance and legislation
Managing Challenging Conversations and Conflict
From time to time all staff will be faced by a difficult and demanding parent. From challenging safeguarding decisions, academic results to accusations of bullying some parents can be very intimidating or even aggressive. This course is suitable for anyone (including support and admin staff) from primary, secondary and special school as well as FE colleges and will examine effective ways of handling such situations. This course is suitable for all staff who come into face to face or telephone contact with parents.
Handling violence and aggression in the workplace is easier when you know what to do. Our course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to deal with these situations.
All school staff
- Will appreciate what are acceptable and unacceptable levels of behaviour
- Will identify the causes of anger and aggression in adults
- Will be able to use body language to gain rapport with difficult people
- Will be able to apply diffusion techniques
- Will be able to use effective conflict resolution techniques
- Will be able to practice assertive communication
- Will be able to deal with aggression that turns to violence
- Will have the tools to draw an effective action plan and risk assessment to deal with aggressive adults
- Will know how to ban verbally and physically aggressive adults from Schools
- Will feel confident about dealing with anger or aggression in people
First Aid at Work - Requalification
This 2 day course will review the knowledge, skills and objectives necessary for First Aid.
This will include CPR, resuscitation, bandaging, burns and other First Aid issues. A copy of the latest edition of the First Aid at Work manual will be provided and the new certificate will be valid for three years.
Attendance is required on both dates.
Candidates can now requalify up to 28 days after the expiry but must produce their First Aid at Work certificate on the first day of the course as proof of eligibility (this has been extended throughout the Covid-19 pandemic)
Those renewing their Health and Safety Regulations, First Aid at Work certificate
- Will be up-to-date and confident in their ability to deal with First Aid situations as and when they arise at work
Managing and Implementing Fire Safety
The aim of this Workshop is to provide delegates with and understanding of fire prevention, responses to fire in the workplace and how to correctly deal with them.
A practical demonstration will take place, along with training, on how to use a fire extinguisher.
This Workshop is aimed at H&S representatives, department heads, managers or any designated personnel for this role.
- gain fire safety awareness of their surrounding environment
- understand fire prevention in the workplace
- learn correct responses in the event of fire
- gain practical fire fighting skills and fire extinguisher knowledge
- understand roles and responsibilities of the fire warden