Private, Voluntary and Independent (PVI) and Childminders
A termly opportunity for Designated Safeguarding Leads and senior staff to participate in peer support and receive updates from Greenwich Safeguarding Children's Partnership.
This Autumn session will consider See the Adult, See the Child guidance.
PVI's and Childminders
- Aims and principles of first aid.
- Prevention of cross-infection during first aid procedures.
- Basic life support (CPR).
- Management of the unconscious casualty.
- Assessment and treatment of a casualty who is wounded, bleeding or shocked.
- How to deal with burns, poisoning and eye injuries.
- Assessment and treatment of common major and minor illnesses, including fractures, dislocation, head injuries, epilepsy and diabetes.
- Managing asthma attacks and choking.
- Legal aspects of first aid at work – record keeping and use of equipment
A series of one hour webinars at lunchtime with Early Years & Childcare Advisors to share key messages about important themes.
2 Year Integrated Review - for all providers with 2 year olds and funded Together for Twos
An introduction to the recent DFE guidance which supports early years practitioners in completing the early years foundation stage (EYFS) progress check at age 2. In Royal Greenwich, the 2 year integrated review is made up of two parts - one part is the Progress Check carried out by early years and the other part is the Development Review carried out by Health Visiting. We will discuss good practice in completing and sharing information to support the needs of 2 year olds.
Communication and Language Part 1 & 2 will look at how language develops and how to support language development through good practice interventions and a well planned inclusive curriculum including for children with EAL.
To raise awareness of domestic abuse
To raise awareness of the significant increase of domestic abuse in Covid 19 lockdown
To understand the impacts of domestic abuse on children
Be able to recognise the signs and symptoms of domestic abuse
How to access support and resources for families