Energy Procurement and Sustainability
In partnership with LASER – Kent County Council’s commercial trading service.
For information only.
Energy procurement offer a service that is designed to meet the needs of schools and children’s centres for both energy management and procurement.
Energy Procurement and Invoicing
Royal Greenwich procures its energy through LASER, a central purchasing body whose flexible procurement approach offers an advanced means with which to control the risk inherent in the energy market.
Laser Energy Procurement Framework is in place until 30th September 2024 and schools are invited to opt in to this agreement.
Supplies procured by LASER are either placed in to a fully managed or procurement only service option arrangement.
The decision on which procurement arrangement to place a supply in to is based on consumption. Both options provide:
- The arrangement of energy contracts
- assistance in establishing new sites, meters, disconnections and supply transfers
- liaison with suppliers, including dispute and query resolution
Schools that have opted in to the Royal Greenwich' contract arrangement with LASER also benefit from:
- Arrangement of Automatic Meter Reading devices to all eligible gas and electricity supplies, to ensure accurate billing and monitoring for electricity, gas and water consumption
- Meter reading reminders for procurement only customers, to ensure that schools only pay for the energy they use and are not billed on estimated readings
- Access to Royal Greenwich' energy management software for active consumption monitoring and forecasting
- The initiation and resolution of queries and disputes with energy suppliers, where required
The Council's RE:FIT framework will commence operation in 2020. Royal Greenwich and RE:FIT can help your school:
- Identify and guarantee cost savings
- Acquire interest free loans to fund measures
- Improve comfort and enhance the learning
Reduce greenhouse gas emissions and improve air quality
Energy conservation measures implemented:
- Lighting replacement and upgrade, including LED lights and automatic occupancy controls
- Electronic descaling of hot water system
- Optimisation of the building management system
- Insulation of valves and pipes in the plant room
- Refrigeration motor control
- programmable electronic thermostatic radiator valves throughout the school
- Temperature and time controls for heaters