The payroll team is able to meet all the payroll service needs of your school. This includes a full system back up and close links to other Royal Greenwich directorates, which ensures staff are paid on time, that pay awards are implemented, and statutory and voluntary deductions are made when required.
The payroll team will deal with any pay queries from staff and will ensure that these are dealt with quickly and professionally. Our aim is to make sure that you do not have to worry about any aspect of payroll delivery and that schools have confidence in a professional service that will provide all the support you require.
We have a comprehensive service which provides the following:
- Calculation and payment of pay arrears/awards, occupational/statutory sick pay, occupational/ statutory maternity and paternity pay, bonus payments, overtime and expenses
- Arranging the transfer, via the BACS system, of net pay to each employee’s bank account
- Organising end of year proceedings in accordance with government legislation and local government policy and procedures
- Administering the correct application of all government benefit payments
- Calculation and payments made to the appropriate bodies, including: HMRC, court order payments, CSA, union subs, child care vouchers and all other deductions made from payroll
- The facility of having rent/local authority tax (for properties managed by Royal Greenwich), or trade unions/credit union fees deducted from employees’ pay
- Ensuring that payslips are accessible to all employees, on a monthly basis, detailing a breakdown of their salary
- Ensuring accurate payments are made to all employees, on a monthly basis, on the agreed payment date
- Processing of the school’s master file, plus amendments, provided by each school
- Dealing with written and telephone enquiries, and liaising with external and government bodies, in relation to payroll queries
Use of Line Manager Self Service to have:
- Access to a range of staff data based at the school, including emergency contacts and key dates
- Ability to input absence information and run simple reports to access absence data
- Receipt of monthly summary absence reports for the purpose of monitoring trends
Use of the Employee Self Service module to have:
- Ability to view personal data
- Ability to edit address, contacts and sensitive information
- Access to payslip and P60s
For a detailed breakdown of payroll costs, please contact either of the below contacts.