School Improvement Service: EYFS, Primary, Secondary (11-19)
The School Improvement Service in the Royal Borough of Greenwich consists of highly skilled and qualified advisors who are totally committed to ensuring the best possible outcomes for children and young people.
We have a history of strong partnership work with schools and settings which has contributed to the transformation of outcomes for children and young people in Royal Greenwich.
We will work in partnership to provide well matched, bespoke programmes which will challenge all schools and settings to improve their offer.
Leadership and curriculum support can be provided by specific advisors, who have had considerable success in raising standards and improving teaching and learning. They will work with you to provide effective support, specific to the needs of your school.
Governor Services provide high quality professional clerking, crucial to the effective functioning of governing boards. The Governor Services team help governing boards to understand their role, function and the legal duties of school leadership and management.
These packages are focused on building capacity so that you can continue your journey towards high quality education for all. In addition, the PAS can provide in-depth data analysis to support this work.
Our services are available to any individual or organisation involved in the education and care of children and young people.
The Quality of Education
- Tailoring support for practitioners, teachers and leaders to enable them to meet the rigour of the teaching standards so that their practice is typically good or better
- Supporting schools in understanding and developing innovative and appropriate curricula
- Ensuring that assessment approaches, including high quality feedback, is used effectively to inform learning
- Ensuring that tracking systems are robust so that appropriate strategies are in place to enable all children and young people to make expected or better progress
- Supporting settings, schools and colleges to make secure judgements about pupil progress through quality assurance and moderation
- Ensuring effective use of resources, including pupil premium funding, to secure the best outcomes for vulnerable and disadvantaged groups
Behaviour for Learning
- Understanding how pupil well-being and involvement improve outcomes for learners
- Ensuring that pupils are effectively engaged in their learning in order to maximise the impact in lessons
- Encouraging positive transitions and independence so that pupils are successful and take ownership of their learning
Quality of Leadership and Management
- Building leadership capacity at all levels, to identify precisely areas of strength and areas requiring further improvement
- Challenging leaders at all levels, to evaluate their impact on standards and outcomes for children and young people
Statutory Assessment: Academies and Free Schools
Royal Greenwich can act as the named local authority for academies and free schools and provide services to support statutory assessment requirements.
Please contact Michelle Booker, KS1 and KS2 Moderation Manager for further details: email@example.com
Daily cost per service provider is £550 per advisor
(note all charges are inclusive of administration costs)
Interim Head of School Improvement
020 8921 2793